[clug] Emptying trash

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Sat Nov 21 17:17:52 MST 2009

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, keith sayers wrote:

> 	I am using Suse and have developed an odd problem trying the empty trash - I
> get an error message :  "[long file name] does not exist".  I have used
> Konsole to go down the directory structure to Trash/files and sure enough the
> stated file name is not there, but there is another - but different - long
> file name which I cannot remove with RM.  This latter has some spaces in it.
> Could there be a connection and could anybody suggest how to clear them?

Others have suggested how to fix the immediate problem.

The file manager being unable to delete the file is a serious bug,
'though, and really should be fixed.  Can you recreate it?  Did you report
it to the relevant project?

> Keith Sayers                                                keiths at apex.net.au

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.