[clug] Flaky wireless

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Sun Nov 15 18:35:23 MST 2009

On 16/11/2009, at 12:17 , Adam Baxter wrote:

> And then I lose the connection to/from my box for 5 minutes (strangely
> enough it's the FitPC...)
>
> I can't find any solid info on what "Reason 7" is. I'm wondering whether
> it's my access point playing up as my Macbook occasionally used to lose the
> connection for a similar amount of time (and it couldn't see the AP)

For what it's worth, I get the same problem with my MacBook running Mac OS X 10.6.  The wireless chipset is reported as "Atheros 5416: 2.0.19.4".  The Linksys WRT54G sitting right here next to me has fewer problems (but still, it has problems), the iMac sitting alongside has a Broadcom BCM43xx which never skips a beat.

The access point all of these are using is a Linksys WRT54G, with no SSID being broadcast.

HTH