[clug] [OT] Remote control powerboard

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 23:35:36 MST 2009

My understanding is that from the GPO (power outlet) back, it's all
electrician land. From the plug onwards, it's anyone's. That was the
case for the 20 or so years I spent in the electronics repair
industry.

It may have changed in the 6 years since I left though. I recall some
moves being made to license electronics technicians but I don't know
if anything came of it.

For myself, I'm happy to build or fix stuff that plugs into the mains
but I can appreciate people not wanting to. It's pretty easy to get
deaded if you don't know what you're doing and sometimes even if you
do.

--
MC