[clug] Flash

Ben Nizette bn at niasdigital.com
Mon Nov 2 16:47:36 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 07:24 +1100, David Cottrill wrote:
> Has anyone had experience getting flash movies to play without using
> Abobes plugin? Gnash and the equivalents don't seem to work well at
> all.
> By 'work' I mean able to play a YouTube quality video at full screen
> dimensions without requiring a supercomputer to do it.

Once again youtube specific, but Theoratube [1] will transcode flv to
theora before playback for Firefox 3.5+, otherwise
Youtube-without-flash-auto [2] gives you "play without Flash" and
"Download" buttons below every movie on youtube.

	--Ben.

[1] http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=1518
[2] http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/50771