[clug] Flash

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Mon Nov 2 13:56:43 MST 2009

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 07:24:53AM +1100, David Cottrill wrote:
> Has anyone had experience getting flash movies to play without using
> Abobes plugin? Gnash and the equivalents don't seem to work well at
> all.
> By 'work' I mean able to play a YouTube quality video at full screen
> dimensions without requiring a supercomputer to do it.

I don't know about flash movies in general, but for YouTube in
particular there's a script called youtube-dl which can spit out a URL
which you can feed to vlc to watch anything you care to on YouTube.
Whether it can be made to work for other systems I don't know.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/