[clug] Nvidia based Laptops in the $1200-$2000 range

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sat May 30 12:38:22 GMT 2009

> Next time I buy I'll be looking for ATI or Intel. I'd call them free of pain and
> suffering.

?  Intel yes. ATI? last I heard the Radeonhd stuff was still not ready
for prime time. Do you mean you'd use the fglrx drivers?

> I hate it but I'm stuck with them and I'll never buy another
> nVidia graphics card until their drivers are open.

Now you're making me rethink my nvidia hardline stance! (rarrrgh!)
Perhaps I'll walk into the nearest friendly Harvey Norman or the likes
and ask if I can boot one of their machines from a USB harddisk.  And
then toddle over to the nearest TeeVee with a HDMI cable. Hrm...

There was a guy called "Andrew" on the salesfloor at harvey norman in
fyshwick today who was very helpful and also told me that he runs
ubuntu at home.

More research needed.

<sigh>