[clug] KDE4 cnsoring "e" for some apps

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Fri May 29 09:03:17 GMT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Robert Edwards <bob at cs.anu.edu.au> wrote:
> Alternatively: do upgrade. Be an early adopter. Stress-test the new
> releases. Find the bugs, report them and, if possible, fix them!

I agree, but only if you have more than one machine under your
control. I am often guilty of rather ill-considered upgrades, but
usually on machines where it matters little. Production servers ==
maximum paranoia. Dev machines, medium paranoia (the code is in source
control, right?). Email and surfing machine(s), go to town. What's the
worst that can happen? Every failed upgrade for me has been a learning
experience like this:

"Really? I didn't know it could break like that."

:-)

--
MC