[clug] Has anyone got a recent nVidia card working

Kevin Pulo kev at pulo.com.au
Mon May 25 01:11:21 GMT 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 08:45:47PM +1000, Duncan Roe wrote:

> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 09:01:29AM +1000, Andrew Janke wrote:
> >
> > Hrm, so what is the error when you try to build the nvidia module from
> > the nvidia website?  I am guessing that you have already installed the
> > kernel headers from the kernel version that you are running?
> >
> The ncurses-based dialogue started by NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.51-pkg1.run tells me
> about the problem (sorry but I would have to stop X to try it again). I'm quite
> happy to build a kernel, just kept going until past my bedtime last night :-/

The nvidia installer keeps a log of what it's done (and what exactly
went wrong) at /var/log/nvidia-installer.log, so you should be able to
get the info you need from that without having to restart stuff.

Kev.

| Kevin Pulo                Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. |
| kev at pulo.com.au               _ll l_ng__g_e_ _r_ hi__ly p__d_ct__le. |
| http://www.kev.pulo.com.au/         God casts the die, not the dice. |
`--------------- Linux: The choice of a GNU generation. ---------------'