[clug] [OT] 1.6Tb on Optical Disk: gold nanotubes from Swinburne University of Technology

Ben Coughlan ben.coughlan at anu.edu.au
Thu May 21 04:02:32 GMT 2009

I'd be pretty happy having my backups archived on 1600GB of optical
media costing $2 a piece.  Scratches are nothing redundancy can't
solve.  Assuming of course, that the price will be similar to today's
optical media.

It'll also make distributing box sets a bit easier,  I'm sure you
could fit 200 episodes of Top Gear in ultra high definition on one of
those.

Ben