[clug] lists.samba.org certificate

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Tue May 19 16:53:50 GMT 2009

It is up-to-date (just a month to go though) it just a certificate
signed by a cert not trusted by your browser.  Nothing really wrong
with these.  Some would say they are just as trustworthy as the things
signed by the root certs in your browser.  You could always email the
address in the cert (ca at samba.org) and see if anyone replied.

I suppose they could use a ca-cert.org certificate and support open
source certs (hint, hint!).  I know some of the samba guys used to be
cacert assurers.

Certificate:
         Version: 3 (0x2)
         Serial Number: 2 (0x2)
         Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSAEncryption
         Issuer: C=US, ST=California, L=San Jose, O=Samba, CN=Samba
Root CA/emailAddress=ca at samba.org
         Validity
             Not Before: Jun 11 12:54:02 2007 GMT
             Not After : Jun 10 12:54:02 2009 GMT
         Subject: C=US, ST=AL, O=Samba Dot Org, CN=lists.samba.org/emailAddress=ca at samba.org

Firefox is very over the top in its warnings about certs.