[clug] Problem seeing this list's archives

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Tue May 19 07:04:15 GMT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 05:00:27PM +1000, Peter Anderson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have been a member of this list for quite some time. I stopped
> visiting six months ago following frustrations with the two 8(dot)
> versions of Ubuntu. Recently I've tried Ubuntu 9.01 and things are
> better so I thought I would add CLUG archives to my daily tech scan. The
> problem is I can only access the archives by Nabble and not the regular
> Mailman list. When I try the
> https://lists.samba.org/mailman/listinfo/linux link (or variations of it
> with http://...) I get a "Secure Connection Failure..." error page. In
> fact, using http://lists.samba.org... automatically loads
> https://lists.samba.org... -- very odd.
>
> I tried to e-mail one of the list maintainers but have not received a
> reply. Can anyone tell me what the correct URL is for the Mailman
> archives?

Seems to work, however as it is a self signed certificate you need to add an
exception for the samba.org certificate.

The archives themselves are however not under https

http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux/

	See You
	    Steve

> Regards,
> Peter
> --
> *Peter Anderson*
> There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
> conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
> introduction of a new order of things?Niccolo Machiavelli, /The Prince/,
> ch. 6
> --

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
i'm trying to feel my way around a book of promises written in braille
   Heartbreak Even - Revelling - Ani