[clug] Ubuntu 8.1 on Toshiba Tecra black screen problem]

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Tue May 19 02:13:17 GMT 2009

2009/5/19 Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com>

> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 11:58, Robert Edwards <bob at cs.anu.edu.au> wrote:
> > Alternatively, use it as a low-power desktop, or as a router
> > (the built-in battery makes a decent UPS).
>
> +1
>
> Laptops with external monitors, KB and mouse make great desktop
> machines. Blackout? what power blackout?
>
> Think of it as a google rack-mount server on your desktop. :)

+1

I've been trending this way for a while now ;)

Cheers! Lana

Unprovided with original learning, unformed in the habits of thinking,
unskilled in the arts of composition, I resolved to write a book..
-- Edward Gibbon

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.