[clug] Pre-beginner CLUG GGD Meetup

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:35:25 GMT 2009

Hi everyone,

It's been a bit quiet on the GGD Canberra front recently (there are
machinations afoot, so please hang in there. We'll be back bigger and better
than ever in August!).

But, if you've been missing the girl geek love, then why not hop along to a
mini GGD on the 28th of May? I haven't pinned down event details yet, but
would love to hear from you if you think you could make it.

Here's the details so far ... the Canberra Linux Users Group is holding a
"Beginner CLUG" at the ANU on Thursday the 28th at 7pm. Yours truly will be
giving a speech entitled "10 Reasons why you do not want to install Linux.
Ever". I know of at least one other girl geek who wants to attend the
meeting, and we were discussing joining up for dinner beforehand. Of course,
there's no pressure to get along to the meeting, but if you want to swing by
the ANU after work (around 5:30/6pm) then I'd love to have a few drinks and
something to eat with you. Venue to be decided by consensus :)

This has been cross-posted to the blog, so if you can make it, just hop
along there and drop your name in the comments. I'd love to catch up with
you all!

http://girlgeekdinnerscanberra.blogspot.com/2009/05/mini-ggd-meetup-on-28th-of-may-at-anu.html

Cheers,
Lana

--
Cheers! Lana

Unprovided with original learning, unformed in the habits of thinking,
unskilled in the arts of composition, I resolved to write a book..
-- Edward Gibbon

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.