[clug] vino process name

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Mon May 18 10:16:00 GMT 2009

On Mon, 18 May 2009, Hal Ashburner wrote:

> Vino, I believe is the thing that allows you to share a gnome desktop over
> the network. I can't seem to connect to the one on my laptop at all, which is
> a pain. Trying to debug it, I don't even know what the process is called.

> seem to have that are called anything like vino.  How is it started? Does it

>From "ps wauxf":
/usr/sbin/gdm-binary -nodaemon
  \_ /usr/libexec/gdm-simple-slave --display-id /org/gnome/DisplayManager/D
      \_ /usr/bin/Xorg :0 -nr -verbose -auth /var/run/gdm/auth-for-gdm-LHTB
      \_ /usr/libexec/gdm-session-worker
          \_ gnome-session
              \_ /usr/lib/gnome-session/helpers/gnome-keyring-daemon-wrappe
              \_ metacity
              \_ gnome-panel
              \_ nautilus --no-desktop --browser
              \_ /usr/libexec/vino-server

> started? Does it have to be in "system->preferences->personal->sessions"

Preferences -> Internet and Network -> Remote Desktop

> Hal

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.