[clug] HP Mini 1000

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Fri May 15 06:14:15 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I'm after getting myself an HP Mini 1000 Netbook, and I'm seeking the
collective CLUG wisdom on two things ...

1. Does anyone have any feedback on them? I'm planning on putting either
Fedora or Ubuntu (haven't quite decided on it yet!), so software is not an
issue.

2. Where to get one? I'd love the Vivienne Tam (red) edition, but they
appear to be as rare as hen's teeth here, so I'd settle for a black one.
Dick Smith have them for $698 less $100 cashback and JB can match that
price. Would be happy to support a smaller retail outlet at the same price,
though.

Thanks!

Lana

--
Cheers! Lana

We are at the very beginning of time for the human race. It is not
unreasonable that we grapple with problems. But there are tens of thousands
of years in the future. Our responsibility is to do what we can, learn what
we can, improve the solutions, and pass them on.
 - Richard Feynman

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.