[clug] Arudino hacking (was: Unique Id's and CD's)

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Mon May 11 12:16:10 GMT 2009

Sure,  there wasn't really much to it, mostly since the Arduino is very much
a plug and play environment. It took me a while to figure out why it would
reboot when I opened a serial connection though ;)

I've currently got 3 other microcontroller projects in flight:

A robotic lawnmower rebuild, using a mini-ITX board and an Arduino Mega to
interface with the hardware:
http://alastair.d-silva.org/friendly-robotics-rl850rl1000-rebuild

A Zigbee based home automation system:
http://alastair.d-silva.org/xbeezigbee-home-automation

A pan and tilt panorama head for DSLRs. I was originally going to use an
Arduino for this too, but I really want USB host mode, so I can control the
camera via the USB port. I haven't written a project page for this yet.

I've also completed a laser engraver rebuild so it can be controlled via
Linux EMC:
http://alastair.d-silva.org/working-cheap-chinese-laser-engravers

If anyone wants to contribute time/expertise to these, I'll take whatever I
can get, especially for the mower project, which is shaping up to be a
fairly mammoth task. In particular, if someone knows how to map an area with
GPS and then generate paths to cover it, I'm all ears. I was thinking of
generating a bitmap of the area, and colouring it as the bot traversed each
pixel, but I'm sure there is a better way.

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
Networking Consultant      fax: 0413 181 661
skype: alastair_dsilva     msn: alastair at d-silva.org
blog: http://alastair.d-silva.org