[clug] Kmail cache

keith sayers keiths at apex.net.au
Mon May 4 08:50:42 GMT 2009

	Could anyone guide me as to where to find the Kmail cache under Suse11.0,
please?

	I am having problems downloading my emails.  Progress is slow and after a few
minutes the connection drops out.  I have found in the past that that is due
to a large message clogging my mailbox and that I can circumvent the problem
by going in via webmail, reading the big one and saving or deleting as I
choose.  I can then resume normal Kmail download.  But I am now having
difficulty getting into the Apex server via webmail.  I get the logon screen,
complete that, and get taken to another screen which tells me I must log on
and then I am back to the first screen.  I took this up with the Apex people
who found they could log into my webmail easily and suggested the problem may
be in my Kmail cache which was reverting to memory of a previous failed
attempt rather than starting afresh.  I went into Konqueror, to the
Navigation Panel, to History, and deleted all references to Apex.  Then tried
webmail again but again the same refusal to let me log in.  Is there
somewhere else that a Kmail cache my be hiding?