[clug] 24" LCDs

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon May 4 08:45:40 GMT 2009

> I thought monitor power was controlled via xset dpms.  eg. "xset q" to
> see if X considers your monitor to be on or not, "xset dpms force on"
> to force the monitor on, etc...  man xset for full details as usual.
>
> This'll rely on X correctly determining your monitor's (and video
> card's) DPMS support, so it might be worthwhile checking your
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log file for warnings/messages relating to DPMS, EDID,
> etc...

Thankee Sire!

Problem sorted.  (hotkey bound to "xset dmps force on") as Xorg.log
gave me this:

   (II) RADEON(0): DPMS capabilities: Off

Of course I then added Option "DPMS" to xorg.conf but it seemed to
have no effect. No doubt this is now buried deep within some HAL
configuration somewhere that I canna be bothered to hunt down just
yet.

Either that or my old Radeon card really doesn't support such shenanigans.