[clug] Re: Using a forum system for CLUG

David Schoen neerolyte at gmail.com
Mon May 4 07:34:14 GMT 2009

I would suggest starting gradually, if I set something up it will start with
registration required. Then when I'm ready (or someone else wants to do the
leg work) allow anonymous posts that require moderator approval and probably
a captcha (doesn't matter what if the spam volume proves low). Assuming spam
ramps up, implement things like WordPress' spam filter or
http://bbantispam.com/ .

Another option might be to make registration trivial by using openids?
(Don't really know if this is viable as I don't know much about them
though).

We can always gradually adjust the way we attack spam depending on how much
there is around, but it shouldn't ever need to affect the mailman list.

Dave.