[clug] Re: Using a forum system for CLUG

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon May 4 02:08:43 GMT 2009

>>>   http://recaptcha.net/
>>
>> What an awesome concept. I had no idea that this kind of thing existed (the
>> digitising books bit, not the captcha bit of course).
>
> Note that captchas can be broken though... The simplest solution being
> to pay people to type the answers for you.

Sure but at least in this case then we can all feel a bit warm and
fuzzy given that spammers will be subsidising the digitisation of old
texts. :)

Of course if you want to pay people to (help) SPAM for you I can't
think of a single SPAM protection mechanism that will work.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)