[clug] Re: Using a forum system for CLUG

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Mon May 4 01:50:46 GMT 2009

2009/5/4 Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com>

> > I wonder how much of a problem spam is with a forum...
>
> Most seem to use some form of captcha for this. (Or in google groups
> case, their own internal spam filtering doovie).
>
> > (Says the guy with 2.4 million spam comments on his blog).
>
> If you do consider a captcha, this one is a great idea.
>
>   http://recaptcha.net/
>
> (essentially using captcha text to digitise archived books that OCR fails
> on).

What an awesome concept. I had no idea that this kind of thing existed (the
digitising books bit, not the captcha bit of course).

Thanks for sharing onlist :)

Cheers! Lana

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I
start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake.
I feel better already.
-- Dave Barry

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more