[clug] 24" LCDs

bnc bnc at netspeed.com.au
Fri May 1 13:26:13 GMT 2009

Andrew,

On Fri, 1 May 2009 21:26:05 +1000
Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Recently replaced the sony with a samsung 27" syncmaster 275t.
> > It contains an inbuilt hub, 3 video connections plus other stuff.
> >
> > I just plugged it into my laptop and it just worked.
> > You can change the resolution easily using xrandr
>
> +1
>
> And on this note, do you every have trouble getting the 275t to wake
> from sleep?

No, but I get a message from the pc to say it is going into power
saving mode but nothing happens.
Then some time later the 275t goes blank.

So what I think is happening because my monitor is plugged into a
laptop, is that the monitor has a mind of its own, and powers down when
it does not get a signal. i.e. it does not power down on getting a
command from the laptop.
When I move the mouse I get the screen back straight away.

> >From what I have read it is a common problem with older video cards.
> It is also all over various mac forums. I use a DVI connection via a
> thinkpad dock but often have to do a Alt-Ctrl-F1 Alt-F7 and press the
> source button on the monitor a few times dance to make the 275t wake
> up.
I have an IBM 855 video card which I think is pretty basic.

> Is there a xrandr "wakeup" command?

xrandr -h does not indicate one.

Brian