Fw: [clug] Flirting Techniiques For Men (Paul Wayper)

David Schoen neerolyte at gmail.com
Fri May 1 08:56:27 GMT 2009

I know it's taken me a while to respond but I still don't read my home email
very often...

At the risk of offending some, maybe it would be worth considering
communication platforms in addition to email for CLUG discussions.

I know part of the reason why I never signed up to the CLUG mailing list
while I was just starting with Linux was because it kind of scared me.

My thoughts are that Forum/Bulletin Board might be the answer...

The last one I played with was phpBB 2, which is fairly old now so I'm sure
there must be something better :)

We could have multiple sections (e.g. Anonymous/Beginners/General/Kernel
Hacking/Off Topic/Whatever) and people would only have to subscribe to forum
sections they were interested in reading. Meaning the people who aren't
interested in reading questions from people posting anonymously wouldn't
have to, but anyone who's happy to try and help scared newbies but not so
keen on reading about kernel hacking (me) would also be catered for.

Someone was also asking about the possibility for RSS feeds of the list, I
think most forum packages supply RSS these days.

I definitely would have been much happier posting my "stupid" questions
under "anonymous" somewhere while I was learning linux.

Thoughts?

Dave.