[clug] Re: beginners' CLUG

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Fri May 1 07:49:06 GMT 2009

> Does anyone have any suggestions for useful resources to bring along?

Bob can likely advise on what's locally available via the network
right now, but in the past it has been possible to netboot machines
and install recent distros from a mirror upstairs in the Computer
Science building. One awesome thing about doing something like an
installfest at the ANU is the availability right there of plenty of
core Linux stuff.

In addition, Brad Hards has been circulating a USB-connected external
hard drive containing images for a range of Linux installs to help
people who don't have access to fast/big data downloads. Perhaps that
drive or one like it could spend the day there.

Useful stuff to bring along might include:

* powerboards and extension cables clearly labelled with your name.
* random hardware to show working with Linux (3G modems, cameras,
phones, printers, etc)
* relevant books or magazines.
* hardware or publications you'd like to give away.

Those are my off the cuff thoughts. I look forward to seeing what others say.

--
MC