[clug] Re: beginners' CLUG

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Fri May 1 00:44:34 GMT 2009

2009/4/30 Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net>

> Lana Brindley wrote:
> | 2009/4/30 Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net>
> |> Well, the last weekend in May is the 30th and 31st; that sounds
> reasonable.
> |> Saturday was good last time - we'll say the 30th from 10AM to 4PM.
> |
> | Works for me - it's in the diary.
> |
> | So what about the Beginner's workshop? When are we doing that?
>
> Well, the Linux Learners session is next CLUG meeting - the 28th of May.

Oh, right, got it. I'll be there!

> Saturday the 30th of May will be the installfest, hackfest and fixfest with
> some elements of Linux Learners thrown in.  Hopefully that's also something
> for everyone to join in with.

So, what do we need to prepare for this?

> Thanks for booking the room, Bob!
>
> I'm mainly aiming at getting people that are on the CLUG list to come
> along,
> but do people think we should promote it further?  And, if so, how?

I'm happy to do some promotion around Linuxchix and GGD. Most of these
people are quite advanced though, so not sure how many takers we'll get.

I can also put an ad up on Typeboard, and somebody else might be willing to
put something on RiotACT (I'm not a member over there anymore).

Lana

--
Cheers! Lana

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I
start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake.
I feel better already.
-- Dave Barry

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more