[clug] [OT] research for BarCampII

Francis Markham fmarkham at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 02:32:00 GMT 2009

Not exactly about social networking, but I imagine you are aware of
the case of Australian, Hew Raymond Griffiths, who ran a warez group
from Australia but was extradited to and gaoled in the USA.  The
lateline interview and some bloggers raise some interesting questions
on how these issues are handled procedurally (he was in Aussie gaol
refused bail for a couple of years prior to extradition):
http://arstechnica.com/software/news/2007/06/warez-ringleader-gets-over-four-years-in-prison.ars
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2007/s2229993.htm
http://www.catallaxyfiles.com/blog/?p=2560

-F