[clug] postfix + clamav-milter

Andrew andrew at donehue.net
Mon Mar 23 23:05:26 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup postfix + clamav-milter on a server (i'm not allowed
to install MailScanner, etc and Amavis errors badly when trying to
install - Debian).

I've followed instructions online, and have added this to the bottom of
the postfix config file:
smtpd_milters = unix:/clamav/clamav-milter
milter_default_action = accept

(the milter program is running, and that socket is correct (from a
chroot perspective of postfix), when I had it incorrect I could see the
errors from postfix.

Long story short, test infections slip through, and i'm looking to start
testing to see whether the milter setup isn't working, or if postfix
isn't configured correctly.  Any suggestions  as to how I can test the
socket/milter program to make sure it is scanning correctly?

Thanks,
Andrew.