[clug] What holes do I punch into Windows XP home firewall for aremote X session? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Roppola, Antti - BRS Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Fri Mar 20 00:55:27 GMT 2009

As per the other email, you can use netstat to see what's listening.

I have also used the XP firewall exceptions to allow specifc
executables.

Find out what .exe in CygWin accepts X connections and put the exe in as
an exception,
that way you don't need to keep track of what ports are being used.

Antti