[clug] OT: naughty hyperlinks to cost $11,000/day

Ric de France rdefrance at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 05:47:15 GMT 2009

2009/3/19 Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au>

> On 19/03/2009, at 16:03 , Andrew Janke wrote:
>
>  :) And amusingly wikileaks is now "down".   Read into this what you
>> may.  I will punt a large amount of traffic from Oz right now... :)
>>

> It's been Slashdotted.
> http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/03/18/2313232
>
> When you're smaller than Slashdot, life expectancy is about 20 minutes past
> the time of publication of the article that contains a link to your website.
>
> There's nothing more to read into it for now.
>
> Alex

I happen to PDF it - in case something like this happened... the list looks
pretty awful, and can understand why some of the stuff is there... but other
stuff like censoring some other wikileaks pages and some wikipedia pages is
just straight out censorship...

...Ric
--
Ric de France
Ph: +61412945554 (international) or 0412945554 (Australia)