[clug] tool to diff postfix configurations

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Thu Mar 12 03:37:17 GMT 2009

Off the top of my head. postconf will give you the current config adding
a -c <dir> will change the directory it looks. How about

postconf  > config1
# changes made
postconf > newconfig

diff config1 newconfig

possibly detecting the changes through a cron job be better then feeding
the output of postconf in a revision control system would be better.

If you find a better way of doing this please post as I face similar
problems.

see also thread on this mailing list with the subject "version control
for config files"

Jeff.