[clug] 3G Wireless (Dell WWAN 5520) on Notebook

Karun Dambiec kdambiec at ieee.org
Mon Mar 9 04:52:12 GMT 2009

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 15:56:24 -0700 (PDT), Gary Woodman
<antigramp at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> --- On Sun, 8/3/09, Karun Dambiec <kdambiec at ieee.org> wrote:
>
>> The problem ended up being that as I was already connected through
>> ethernet, the default route was not being changed to the vodafone
>> network. I ended up unplugging the ethernet cable, and connecting to
>> vodafone again.
>
>> After that it started working.
>
> pppd has an option for that: replacedefaultroute
>
> Also for the DNS problem mentioned upthread: usepeerdns (or not)
>
> Lots of interesting stuff in man pppd :-)
>
> Gary

Thankyou, I have added replacedefaultroute to the peers file.
It appears the problem before was related to vodafone expecting you to
authenticate,
even though you dont have a username/password.

I changed the username to ' ' and password to ' ' and then it started
connecting successfully.