[clug] Essential Software Practices

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Mar 2 03:00:51 GMT 2009

On 02/03/2009, at 12:29 , #endgame wrote:

> You might find the Joel test (
> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000043.html ) to be a
> good source of ideas here.

I'll second that list, especially as a viable alternative to the SEMA
stuff.

As an aside, I recommend you (dear reader) go read the book, "Animals
in Translation" by Temple Grandin. It's about autism, humane treatment
of food animals, animal behaviour, operant conditioning, and a bunch
of other stuff - but what it's really about is that too much detail
can get in your way, while being able to decide what details are
necessary is a vital talent.

No, really. Go read the book.

Alex