A hardware issue - was Re: [clug] Firewall settings on NetGear modem/router?

Ian Munsie darkstarsword at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 03:51:29 GMT 2009

> Here's how I connected my computer to the Internet via an ADSL modem/router:

I would also suggest resetting the router to factory defaults first in
case you messed up something in the configuration and forgot about it.
Then follow Alex' advice and you should get a working Internet
connection out of it.

I was reading this thread getting very concerned that the problem is
that you were simply playing with the advanced settings trying to
tweak things you didn't understand (yet) and believing that it was
more complicated than it actually is simply because you saw all those
settings that could be changed and assumed you had to change them when
in fact, you shouldn't have. Anyway, I'm sure that this is a very good
learning experience for you, but how about we get it working first?

Steve Jenkin kindly offered to drop in and give you a hand - if you
can't get it working after following Alex' advice, I would recommend
you take him up on that offer.

Cheers,
-Ian

--