A hardware issue - was Re: [clug] Firewall settings on NetGear modem/router?

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Mon Jun 29 00:47:22 GMT 2009

2009/6/29 Felix Karpfen <felixk at webone.com.au>:
> If that does not solve my problems (or can no longer be purchased), then I
> am history.

I think that any wireless PCI device will work with the router, so
don't worry about needing to purchase that exact model they suggest.

I'm not sure what the state of wireless devices is under Linux, but I
think it's pretty good these days. Any PCI wireless device should
work, but maybe someone who has recently purchased one can offer a
specific model.

Once you get your wireless card, Linux should automatically detect it
and then you can use Network Manager to connect to your router. If
you're using something like Ubuntu then it will most likely work out
of the box. If other distros then you might need some firmware to get
it working.

-c