Bing use by Linux enthusiasts (was: Re: [clug] mc-root anyone?)

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Tue Jun 23 06:22:07 GMT 2009

On 23/06/2009, at 11:34 , Alex Satrapa wrote:

> ... Altavista ... Bing ... Google ... Yahoo ...

Mustn't forget Ask Jeeves (now just "Ask"). In fact for those who
(like me) have long forgotten all the wonderful search engines that
were around before Google, Wikipedia remembers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_search_engines

Who could forget Dogpile? (me, apparently)

Hope this helps someone! I know I'm having fun trying out my queries
on different engines and finding that some give better results than
Google (I'm looking at you, Altavista).

Alex

(PS: remember, just because it's Microsoft doesn't mean it has to be
crap. They do make some very nice peripherals like the Microsoft
SideWinder GameVoice)

(PPS: can anyone find a definitive answer to the question of "which
search engine started using skins first?"  The earliest reference I
can find is Ujico)