[clug] Re: Bing use by Linux enthusiasts

Hugh Fisher hugh.fisher at anu.edu.au
Tue Jun 23 00:01:20 GMT 2009

Kim Holburn wrote:
> Yes, as a matter of fact I think it does.  The company is a convicted
> monopolist.  It uses technical tricks to lock out server competition,
> Office software competition, illegal licensing deals and enforced
> bundling to lock out other operating systems - we can see that happening
> right now with netbooks.  So yes it does matter.

Here are a few more things you shouldn't be using either:

C: programming language created by convicted monopolist AT&T

SQL: database language created by convicted monopolist IBM

setuid programs: patented by convicted monopolist AT&T

PowerPC servers: patented by convicted monopolist IBM

Netbooks with Atom CPUs: patented by convicted monopolist Intel

	cheers,
	Hugh