[clug] Cool when you're new to *nix - ssh

Dale Shaw dale.shaw at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 02:05:44 GMT 2009

Hi Hal,

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Hal Ashburner<hal.ashburner at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is just a quick overview of something cool that anyone new to the whole
> linux thing might not be aware of. I'm trying for the "this is what you want
> to be able to do, this is how to do it." vibe. Tell me if it sucks. If the
> approach is any good, maybe someone else might like to do something similar
> with different software in a week's time or so. But do wait the week - this
> is probably info freako overload as it is.

Good on you for putting in the effort.. I like the idea of providing
easily digestible tidbits of practical info.

> Being able to login to your computer over the interwebs from anywhere in the
> world is just awesomely massively cool.

My only criticism is that I reckon it could do without lingo like
this. You don't need to take all the fun out of it, but I personally
groaned when I read this bit :-)  Speaking only for myself, I would
almost certainly find the articles too torturous to read if they
included "teh" latest in teen Internet lingo.

cheers,
Dale
(not quite the fun police but close.)