[clug] Software Freedom Day

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 01:35:53 GMT 2009

We could probably have another go at what we did 2 years ago. We set
up a stall at the Computer Fair with info and machines running cool
FOSS. Chris and I freaked people out by handing out free software CDs,
some with Windows FOSS and some Linux distros. We had some fun, though
peoples' reactions were funny when we tried to give them stuff for
nothing.

The stall was well attended all day as you might expect at a computer
fair but even though the audience was pre-selected to have an interest
in computers it was astonishing just how many people had no idea at
all of FOSS.

BTW, Naveen might claim to be a newbie, but he's a graduate of the
ANU's inaugural FOSS course, so I think he's being a tad modest. :-)

Cheers,
MC