[clug] secure remote access method [SEC=PERSONAL]

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 04:36:26 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 11:45, Roppola, Antti -
BRS<Antti.Roppola at daff.gov.au> wrote:

> If you don't control the client, you really shouldn't be shelling in
> from that account anyhow.

Perhaps. In order to mitigate this somewhat I have been known in the
past to use this thing:

  http://freshmeat.net/projects/mindterm/

All you need is a web browser. (and cross your fingers that a
key-logger isn't being run! Or at least do lots of other things and
enter your password one letter at a time while "working" on a
document! :)

Failing that these days I just use puTTY on my Nokia E71 with an
external bluetooth keyboard. Surprisingly usable.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)