[clug] Debian session for any Choobs?

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Thu Jun 18 12:15:18 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 01:04:30PM +1000, Robert Edwards wrote:
> These days, I can't remember much about the rpm command at all,
> except I still miss the "verify" option that tells you all the files
> that have been modified from their installation defaults (can be
> done with other tools, but seems, to me, like something that a
> package manager should "manage").

You're looking for debsums. The actual MD5 sum files come with the
packages (or at least packages more modern than Woody, give or take)
but debsums is the utility to verify them.

I dunno why it's in its own package, I actually thought it came with
dpkg now. ^_^

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
Very-later-year Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Marcus Brigstocke
http://www.marcusbrigstocke.com/pacman.asp

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/au/