[clug] best filesystem for solid state drive? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 04:11:15 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 13:43, Daniel Pittman<daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:
> Specifically, if repeated writes to a location cause early expiration of the
> device then FAT, which has a *huge* hot spot in the FAT at the start of the
> disk, will burn holes in very short order.

I was under the impression that said CF/Flash hardware manufacturers
realised this long ago and the chips on such devices now do some form
of load levelling meaning most of the discussion regarding best
filesystems are somewhat redundant?

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)