[clug] Debian session for any Choobs?

Brendan Jurd direvus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 06:50:22 GMT 2009

2009/6/17 steve jenkin <sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au>
> But also non-verbal cues, or questions/feedback, confirm the
> communication is successful or the concept needs further explanation -
> or trying alternate descriptions.

Yes.  It's almost as though we are organic machines that evolved to
survive and advance in a setting where communication was critical and
primarily occurred face-to-face!

Oh wait ...

> Anyone else what to take a punt at explain why f-2-f is faster and more
> efficient than most anything?

You pretty much nailed it above.  The amount of data carried on the
non-verbal channel (facial expression, posture, hand gestures) is
massive, and it's being constantly interpreted by your brain (mostly
sub-consciously) at ludicrous speeds.

Cheers,
BJ