[clug] Debian session for any Choobs?

Michael James michael at james.st
Tue Jun 16 02:39:05 GMT 2009

I just coined the word "Choob"
  for anyone who's a bit at sea after changing distros.

I've bitten the bullet and am trying to learn Debian.

I'd like a session covering the differences between running Debian/
Ubuntu
  and RPM based distros like Fedora/Suse/Mandriva etc.

Topics:
	Lightning tour of Installation*
	Apt from an RPM user's perspective.
	Configuration
	Run Levels and starting services
	Setting up an install server

Basic Linux abilities assumed:
	Command line and BASH (or shell of choice).
	Editing text files.
	Some familiarity with runlevels and init.d

*  This is NOT an install-fest.  That would eat the evening.
	Bring a pre-installed system (or paper to take notes).

Are there any other Choobs out there to make this worthwhile?

michaelj

--
Well theme my emoticons disgusted. What has Linux come to?
Michael James