[clug] Fedora 11 problem: mysql

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sat Jun 13 14:23:49 GMT 2009

Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> writes:

> I ran myisamchk on all the tables (*.MYI) and it reported errors only in
> user.MYI

[...]

> I did a recover (myisamchk -r) for this table (later against *all* the
> tables).

Damn.  You might try the '--extend-check' option, which is more thorough, but
as the docs say the standard check gets "99.99 percent" of errors. :/

> The server still does not come up, giving the same error.
> 	[ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Incorrect
> 	key file for table 'host'; try to repair it

Worst case, I /think/ MySQL will recreate the table if you start without it,
so you could try moving it out of the way.  Otherwise, time to restore from
backup, I guess.

You would need to reset your host privileges, of course, if you remove it.

Regards,
        Daniel