[clug] Fedora 11 problem: mysql

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Jun 13 11:13:11 GMT 2009

I ran myisamchk on all the tables (*.MYI) and it reported errors only in user.MYI
	Checking MyISAM file: host.MYI
	Data records:       0   Deleted blocks:       0
	- check file-size
	- check record delete-chain
	- check key delete-chain
	- check index reference
	- check data record references index: 1

	---------

	Checking MyISAM file: user.MYI
	Data records:       7   Deleted blocks:       0
	- check file-size
	- check record delete-chain
	- check key delete-chain
	- check index reference
	- check data record references index: 1
	- check record links
	myisamchk: error: Checksum for key:  1 doesn't match checksum for records
	MyISAM-table 'user.MYI' is corrupted
	Fix it using switch "-r" or "-o"

I did a recover (myisamchk -r) for this table (later against *all* the tables).

The server still does not come up, giving the same error.
	[ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Incorrect key file for table 'host'; try to repair it

Eyal

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)