[clug] Windows Tax refund and ASUS

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Fri Jun 12 00:13:48 GMT 2009

Chris Smart wrote:
> Maybe so, but Microsoft's EULA says that if you do not agree to their
> terms and conditions, to return the product to the place of purchase
> for a refund.

I try to not make a habit of reading EULA's, but last time I was feeling
too chirpy and didn't want to take an over-the-counter sedative, I
decided to read the EULA. It was suitably vague about what "product"
they were referring to (which might have changed, this was before the EU
asked them to turn their head and cough).....were they referring to the
product being Windows, or were they referring to the product being the
item you just spend 3.7 seconds tearing packaging off? The latter, of
course, opens up a whole new can of worms if you have to return the
whole product to get a windows licence refund..

--
--==--
Steve Walsh