[clug] Scanner/printer recommendations

Karun Dambiec karun at linux.com
Thu Jun 11 11:46:38 GMT 2009

> I'm not going to bother opening the cartridge packaging just yet as I
> know that they will "dry-out" within days of opening and I don't have
> anything I want to print just yet. I suspect (haven't checked) that
> replacement cartridges will cost almost as much as another printer.
>
> Remember, I was really only interested in replacing my broken scanner...

Most of the low cost printers are very expensive for ink cartridges. But
the more expensive ones arent necessarily better.
I have a Colour Laser printer at home, and to replace the colour toner
if all colours are replaced costs about as much as the printer itself.
When you purchase the printer though, you only get the half capacity
cartridges though.

--
  Karun Dambiec
  karun at linux.com