[clug] Router for Transact

Andrew Smith andrew at coolchilli.com
Mon Jun 8 02:30:13 GMT 2009

Hi Neil,

Dick Smith (and others) have a little DLink thing for about $88 that
includes wireless.  Add a small 5 port switch for about $50 and you're done.

They seem to have a number of returned stock also, which I thought odd,
but put down to the second Wizard page asking what type of connection
you have (PPPoE is one option, plus DHCP, static IP etc.) - I figure
most are looking for their ISP name so take it back :)

I've used two of these for friends without any dramas.  There's the
usual dial on demand option that is set on - turn it off to avoid any
wake up issues.

Andrew

--
Andrew Smith  -  Director,  Cool Chilli
  V:+612 62881496  F:+612 62881548 M:0407466177
  email & sip: andrew at coolchilli.com
  5a/64 Wollongong Street Fyshwick ACT 2609
  IT Sales | Support | VoIP | Hosting | Licenced Gaming
  Microsoft | Novell | Linux | Digium | Cisco | HP | Lenovo