[clug] VM preferences

Michael Cohen scudette at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:15:33 GMT 2009

Geoff,
  I have set up CAs at work using removable USB sticks (or a hard
disk) with live ubuntu install. This has the advantage that when not
needed the CA is locked away in a safe - I have lots of easy click
icons on the desktop for the mostly windows users to feel happy with.
The other obvious advantage is you dont need any visualization
software as you can use any machine for a short time.

I would recommend against virtualizing a CA because the host machine
still has access to the guest and the security of the host is
obviously a weak point in securing the CA.

Michael.