[clug] Calling Linux game geeks

Jack Kelly endgame.dos at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 03:34:11 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Francis Markham<fmarkham at gmail.com> wrote:
> Parenthetically, does anyone know what happened to the open source
> starcraft client that was being worked on a couple of years ago?  It
> was in the style of scummvm, in that it used the original game assets
> and provided a compatible run time.

CC'ing the list again, looks like you forgot.

Do you mean the one that was going to be an outgrowth of the FreeCraft
project? AFAIK, FreeCraft got a letter from Blizzard saying their name
was too confusing. They renamed to Stratagus and the WarCraft II
version was rebranded Wargus. I think the StarCraft client was shelved
and the engine used to make some other games (no idea what, though).

-- Jack